Solar Physics - Group News
- June 2015: Job opportunity: Two Postdoctoral Research Positions in Solar and Heliospheric Physics (Closed)
- March 2015: Hundreds Turn Out To Watch Solar Eclipse
- November 2014: JHI receives grants totalling £1.2M
- May 2014: JHI Mathematician in Royal Line-UP at IMA@50
- January 2014: Sun at Night featured on Stargazing Live
- November 2013: Interplanetary dust ring discovered near Venus
- October 2013: Young intern success for Kirsty
- July 2013: Rocket-launched camera reveals highways and sparkles in the solar atmosphere
- May 2013: UCLan Research to Protect Astronauts
- January 2013: Sun's major heat source discovered.
- July 2012: Stunning new images of the Sun from Hi-C.
- April 2011: Solar flare was sparked by five spinning sunspots (BBC).
- April 2011: Variable stars under the gaze of STEREO (Astronomy Now).
- September 2010: The group hosts STFC Advanced School in Solar Physics.
- May 2010: Spectacular new images of the Sun revealed .
- March 2010: Living with a Star at the Big Bang.
- February 2010: SDO launch: UCLan and NASA to share an avalanche of secrets from the Sun.
- April 2008: Solar physics PhD students win National Astronomy prizes. See also the news item in the Lancashire Telegraph.
Header Image : Simulated Nanoparticle (Marco Pinna, Joe Smerdon), Solar disk with SDO (NASA UClan SDO archive), V838 Monocerotis (NASA/STScl), NGC7424 (Gemini Observatory), M74 (NASA Hubble Space Telescope) NASA,and ESA ; and solar plume courtesy of SOHO /EIT consortium
Author: DS Brown, Last Updated: 5 February 2016, 12:20